8 Practical Advice to prepare your house for Easter 2022
The first thought that comes to mind before the Easter holidays is spring cleaning. Thanks to our step-by-step guide, you can clean your home efficiently and quickly.
When it comes to preparing for the Easter holidays, cleaning can seem tiring and time-consuming. However, if you use the right approach, you’ll be able to clean every corner of your home without lots of effort.
Firstly, you need to analyze and list chores for each room. Then, walk around your home and pay attention to all the details to highlight what must be cleaned initially and what things require a light cleaning. Our guide with tips will help you with this task. So first, you don't need to clean everything at once. Instead, start preparing a week before Easter. Set your priorities and find time each day to get things done. Our tips will help you prioritize, and you'll forget about decluttering and dusting before Easter 2022.
We want to welcome the new season by getting rid of unnecessary things. Since moving things from room to room during cleaning takes additional time, you should start by sorting your stuff. You can walk around the house and find something in every room that you don't need. They can be donated to charity or sold if they are still in good condition. Throw away all broken items. You should put all other things in the right places. This task looks simple, but with its help, you’ll get rid of long hours spent on tiring cleaning. Remember that you don't have to do the cleaning alone. Let the children clean up their rooms. Your task is to motivate them and set them specific goals, explaining what they should do and how to do this.
How to have efficient furniture cleaning
First of all, you and your guests pay attention to furniture and textiles. Therefore, special care should be paid to its cleaning — no need to try cleaning all furniture in one day. Instead, divide your tasks in each room and complete specific purposes daily.
- Wipe down all surfaces and small parts.
- Polish your furniture with the help of protective gear.
- Buy new things. Even the most straightforward small items play an essential role in decorating your home.
- You can also update the space thanks to stylish slipcovers that can give a brand-new look to your furniture. So, you’ll be able to transform your living area without changing the old furniture completely. This can significantly impact the room and your feelings about being there accordingly.
Spring cleaning in the kitchen
Easter holidays are always associated not only with festive time but also with cooking. Therefore, you need to ensure that your kitchen is suitable for this goal.
- Dust all of your cupboards, especially in hard-to-reach places. As we all know that there is always not enough time for them. Seasonal cleaning is just the right time.
- Start by checking whether you have everything you need. We advise you to check the availability of all necessary kitchen utensils, aprons, and potholders that you’ll probably need when baking.
- Since the Easter holidays are associated with much food, ensure that your refrigerator is clean and has enough free space. Throw away all expired items, clean shelves, and sort all containers.
- Particular attention should be paid to the countertop. Use special cleaners for quick and efficient cleaning.
Putting things in order in the dining room
- Tablecloths should be soaked, and effective stain removers should be used for better cleaning.
- Don't forget to use coasters for drinks. So you’ll save yourself from the necessity to clean the furniture from drips and stains.
- Take care of the kitchen upholstered furniture. Instead of buying new furniture, it is better to pay attention to slipcovers. Then, when cleaning next time, you just need to wash them, and your kitchen will look new and fresh.
- Use disposable wipes to clean the sink from streaks and drips.
- Check your stock of towels. Perhaps some things should be replaced with new ones.
- Don't forget about the sanitizer in the bathroom.
- When cleaning, pay special attention to the mirror.
Bring order to bedroom
- Before the hectic holidays, we advise you to check the bedroom and wash all the bedding. Fresh sheets and pillows make us feel much more comfortable.
- Stop storing unnecessary things and throw away old magazines.
- Tidy up your bedroom furniture. If your bed needs to be replaced and extra expenses are not foreseen before the Easter holidays, you should think about finding bed headboards and frame covers. They can help refresh the look of the entire bedroom.
Living room cleaning
- We are sure you’ll want to see your living room fresh and beautiful before Easter. And to create such an effect, you need to take care of the cleanliness and attractive appearance of upholstered furniture and pillows. And if your sofa looks a bit shabby, it’s better to start looking for slipcovers that will make it look new. When choosing a slipcover, pay attention to the quality of the material, as it should be easy to clean and hypoallergenic.
- It’s better to use cleaning products designed specifically for wood, leather, and stone to ensure that they are not damaged.
- Give your home a fresh look with flowers and scented candles.
Spring cleaning checklist
- Ensure that rugs at the entrance will prevent a large amount of dirt from entering the room.
- Sort the hats and allocate a separate storage item for them.
- Sort all the stationery so that it does not roll around the house.
- Repot houseplants. Use paper towels and a spray bottle with water to clean them.
- Get one all-purpose cleaner that will always be at hand.
- Spring cleaning is a perfect time to take care of cleaning places that you always forget, like behind the fridge or under the sofa.
Thanks to small daily steps, you can make not just spring cleaning but a complete transformation of your home. And you feel comfortable at home.