Spooky Yet Stylish: Easy Halloween Decor Ideas for Your House
Follow our Halloween house decor ideas for elegant and refined aesthetics. Discover both indoor and outdoor decoration ideas to get the complete ensemble! Believe us, chic accents and rich fall colors will do the trick, and your space won't look dull or boring, but classy and with a sense of style. To bring all these Halloween decorating ideas of 2022 to life, you will need just one online shopping night.
Throw up a classy Halloween party this year in ‘shaken, not stirred’ style and with tasteful decorations! Let's get started!
If you want to go with a haunted look, use light wood beams to make your house seem abandoned. Stick them to the window glass with duct tape. To go all over, get a little extra with a mannequin dressed in a formal red or black gown. Your neighbors may get scared, but you will have your Halloween excuse. Stick it out the window on the attic or the second floor to get a more spooky effect. Use a flashlight to make your mannequin look like a ghost.
2. Front door
All Halloween decorations ideas start with a front door. Let your guests get the fang-tastic vibe as soon as they enter the house!
Choose a doormat with a casual spooky theme: spiders, ghosts, evil pumpkins, or go with one in chocolate brown or rich orange color. If you are up to scaring everyone who comes in, spill the fake blood onto your door. Crime scene effect guaranteed!
Also, give your kids a creative task to make a wreath with bats. They will definitely have fun and you will have the Halloween decor item!
Make sure crunchy fallen leaves cover your lawn. If you live in an area where trees are still green, go with fake orange and brown ones.
Among cute Halloween decoration ideas are twinkling lights. Create a mysterious atmosphere with strung-up lanterns and candles. Soft light across the garden and muted shades will add to your backyard a pleasant autumn vibe.
If you have kids, you definitely know that fancy lights are not enough for them. Take a pair of old boots and stick them out of a pile of leaves or dirt. It will look like there’s a dead body over there.
Also, you can throw some skulls and put tombstones on the ground. To make children even more excited, cover trees with spider webs and have skeletons popping out of the soil!
4. Living Space
We agreed on indoor Halloween decoration ideas to be elegant and classy, so here they are:
- Avoid drowning in an all-black color palette. Instead, give preference to a refreshing all-white theme.
- Paint your pumpkins. They will look more refined this way.
- Let life into your Halloween party instead of death. Use fresh petals and leaves to decorate the dinner table and put colorful flowers in the vases.
- Top off all-white Halloween decor ideas with dark-colored floral arrangements. Mix seasonal plants with vegetables to get a luxurious look.
Burgundy armchairs, mango sofas, and tan recliners are the core of home Halloween decorations. Some recommend covering furniture with white sheets to make the house look abandoned, but we don’t want you to hide beautiful fall colors. Choose Italian slipcovers as a budget-savvy solution for a Halloween makeover. The variety of colors and types of furniture lets you experiment and don’t sacrifice creativity over the price.
If you have Edgar Allan Poe’s books, display them on the bookshelf draped in a spider web. To balance elegant furniture, cover paintings framed behind the glass with fake blood. Sophisticated emerald green will be a perfect match with spooky bloody painting and have all chances to win this year’s Halloween contest!
6. Halloween Colors
We love dramatic color combinations of rusty orange, cozy tan, and emerald green for moody spaces. No need to agree on cheap-looking color palettes, go with unique solutions and pure style instead!
- Green + Tan. The cozy tan couch and rich green bookshelves or paintings add a mysterious vibe to the area.
- Purple + Orange. Spill the drama with vivid orange or mango pillows and a purple lamp on the coffee table.
- Black + Blue. The navy armchair and charcoal black rug create a modern strong look.
One of the easiest Halloween decoration ideas is buying a slipcover to change the color of your furniture and match the holiday palette. Order one online and you're good to go!
7. Go Chic!
If you aren't a fan of tons of Halloween decor accessories you can still establish a moody atmosphere by decorating in a subtle way! Your house won't look like a haunted one but will have all the necessary accents for the perfect party:
- Use geometry. Instead of carving spooky faces on the pumpkin, go with little circles and squares for your jack-o-lantern.
- Go monochromatic. Your house doesn’t need to be all-orange, better apply more white. White mums and gourds, lights and candles.
- Opt for small decor pumpkins. Because getting rid of 200 pounds of veggies after the festivities is no fun.
- Add mini-ghost lollipops to a welcome cocktail. Break the ice with a bouquet of lollipops covered in white tissues with painted black eyes. Place them in the carved pumpkins.
Classy for you and easy DIY Halloween decor ideas for your kids are all here! Take a pen and note the best ones for your house. It takes little effort to bring them to life and a lot of fun along the way.
HAVE A BOO-TIFUL HALLOWEEN!
MORE INTERIOR DESIGN IDEAS & INSIGHTS: